Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Super, Sexy, Sweet, Sixteen!

Sweet Sixteen, the age which every girl waits for since her teenhood starts.

Just like others, so did I.


'I wanna know what it feels like

I need to see it from the inside

I can taste a bit of what I will find

So much more to life

Sweet sixteen'-Hillary Duff

Had been waiting since 13! Dig that. *Laughs*

People say sixteen is an age of innocence. Okay hold it right there. INNOCENCE? Sure. Well yeah it is a very sensitive age. But hey, I am not here to talk about THAT. Lets talk about the

party.



A Sweet Sixteen is a traditional party for girls when they turn 16. Its a very special day for a girl, and yes A VERY SPECIAL day. A day when a girl steps into womenhood. For a family, it is a time when they very proudly show off their daughter to their family and friends. It is a time to create a magnificent feast and a blast. For the one turning sixteen, it is a time to get her best friends together for an unforgetable good time! It is that time, when she gets an opportunity to dress up in a beautiful outfit and show off herself in the best way and be the centre of attention for a day!



Well.. I just had my sixteenth celebrated few days ago. 4th june. :)

It was a mega blast. Better than I had expected it to be like. It was MY big day! From the million birthday wishes, to the million birthday posts on facebook, to the million calls, and the dozens of people appearing on my party and making it a huge blast!



I got around 40 texts, more than 200 wishes on facebook and loads of calls! My grandma threw me this little surprise party at home, with my family people. Then the next day starts off with a bad news. 'Cyclone Alert'.

That sure ticked me off, I mean it was my sweet sixteen and it was gonna be ruined by the stupid cyclone 'PHET'. I kept praying and praying hoping NOTHING would ruin it. And yeah, my prayers were heard.



So the next day, my best friend comes over and we get ready and on the way listen to some awesome music and then reach the hotel. Regent plaza, it was.



An amazing day TOTALLY! Around 40 people came, and made it such a huge day. I wore my special dress, the one my grandma made for me. Everyone said I looked beautiful, and oh well.. I did. :)
It was MY big day. My best friends, my family, and my friends were ALL there. Except my mom. That was a setback. I missed her a lot on my birthday, but then she called.
Anyways, from the millions of pictures, the videos, birthday bumps, songs for the birthday girl, my tiara, the food and what not.. it was an over all blast.
Never can I forget my sweet 16. Not only me, NOBODY CAN. IT was a memorable event for every single person!

'Well, memories will burn you
Memories grow older as people can
They just get colder
Like sweet sixteen'-Billy Idol

My sweet 16.. I can NEVER forget it. NEVER. 'Cause, thats the way it is..

2 comments:

  1. It surely was a blast! Specially the birthday bumps.
    And I hope you liked the call from the little guy. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!
    It was perfect!
    The tiara, birthday bumps, the song, cake cutting ceremony, father-daughter hug, the heels, the perfect dress OMG! :D

    And yes, I LOVED IT! :)

    ReplyDelete